Monday, July 7, 2014

EXTRA, EXTRA!! Hold the presses -- P. J. Hairston in shoving match!

 Word count: 750

Now that Orange County D.A. Jim Woodall was forced to drop the felony criminal charge against former African Afro-American Studies Department head Professor Julius Nyang'oro, The News & Observer had been forced into trying to destroy one of its other tried and true targets P. J. Hairston.  I shouldn't have been surprised at the headline in today's newspaper that blared "Hairston part of shoving match: Former UNC player scuffles in pickup game."  But, even I was surprised that the N & O would stoop so low as to cover such nonsense... not only that but on the front page of the sports section above the fold. 

The newspaper makes a big deal about Hairston's size (6-foot-6, 230 pounds), but doesn't even mention the size of his so-called opponent.  For all we know he could've been 7-foot-4, 340 pounds... the newspaper, knowing that most readers will probably assume he was the average size of a high schooler at about 5-foot-9, 150 pounds.  Just trying to make P. J. look bad... look like a troublemaker. 

The only troublemaker in this "alleged shoving match" is The News & Observer who, like an elementary school tattletale, went to the Durham Police to try and stir things up... maybe even succeed in getting Hairston arrested for assault and battery.

The media, especially The News & Observer, is good at causing chaos and cashing in by writing and broadcasting about it.  The media, in trying to scapegoat Professor Nyang'oro for the academic-athletic situation at UNC-CH (which should have been ignored as it is common practice at competitive sports universities throughout the country) was undoubtedly a major impetus for Woodall's ill-advised criminal indictment that left egg on his face... the yolk being on him. 

The media likewise caused a ruckus about my innocent and altruistic actions in helping Crystal Mangum file a few documents... knowing that she would not be able to find representation by an attorney who would not sell her out.  The State Bar of North Carolina admitted that it was stirred up by media types that directed them to my self-less activities that launched its legal actions against me to enjoin me from helping Mangum.

The pathetic article by Charlotte Observer writer Rick Bonnell, naturally dredged up the bogus "past problems" following Hairston which include:

1. arrest for a traffic stop;
2. arrest for marijuana possession (a charge which was dropped); and
3. a handgun found near the car he was in.

Can you believe that?  So what if a handgun is found near a car he was in... and from the sound of it he wasn't even the driver.  I do not have a car, but I have ridden in cars that may or may not have passed near a handgun.  I have no control over that.  I walk alot, and there may have been times when I walked past a handgun... so is that against the law?  What's the deal?

The more significant sports story was on the bottom of today's sports section titled "UNC reaches out to McCants for meeting: Associate AD sends registered letter and texts to former star."  The letter by the associate athletic director Vincent Ille read in part, "I learned today of public statements you have made that indicate your knowledge of potential NCAA rule violations involving the University of North Carolina.  I would like to meet with you at your ealriest convenience to dicuss this in greater detail."  No date of the letter was given, although Ille said that he had received no response fro McCants by Sunday, July 6th.

My view on this matter is that UNC-CH should not be acting as police or enforcers of NCAA policy (which is immoral and self-serving).  The universities and colleges should be taking actions based upon the principles that are valued by the institutions themselves.  Who cares about NCAA policies with their "impermissible benefits" doctrine?  The NCAA is a parasitic cartel feasting on the talents and sweat of poor student athletes... nothing more than a middleman which should be dismantled.

McCants has been doing well in accounting for himself and his actions with respect to recent statements he made about his collegiate life and his motivations for making them.  The media is finding it a lot tougher going after McCants than it has Hairston and Nyang'oro.  I suggest the media-types give it up as they will be unable to twist the truth of his words.  nn   

143 comments:

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
Dr. Harr,

It is amazing that Duke can continue with their obstruction of justice and truth in these cases, when what they are doing is plain for all to see.

Why do you think Duke insists on deluding themselves and the public on a continuous basis even while they cause more harm?

It is like they are trying to condition the public in accepting any lie they push because that is the new 'norm' - their lies and harm have become the new acceptable and politically correct way of doing things and of the way things are to be (or else).

Do you agree with that?

How can Duke continue their blatant harm and lies, insisting that this IS justice and the way Americans should accept as 'the way it is because it's Duke and it's the way they are - so it's the way things will be to appease them irregardless of the constitution or laws or ethics or morals ... or else'. Why should the public accept their lies and harm?

They sit there and watch to see how much of their bs people will accept, repeatedly increasing the gravity of harm, and then deny all the while dishing more harm to even more.

Why do you think they do what they do repeatedly and as if they are right when all can see clearly they are not?


Duke University has a lot of power... especially with relationship to certain topics such as Crystal Mangum's murder conviction. Duke has plenty of control, for example, on what is printed in the news or broadcast. The truth of Daye's death would implicate Duke University Hospital staff, so the media keeps the truth from the people just like Mangum's turncoat attorney Daniel Meier kept the truth from the jury that convicted his client.

Duke also has plenty of control over politicians... and anyone who willingly exposes Duke's role in Daye's death will find him/herself on the short end of a campaign coffer belonging to an opponent. Politicians and organizations are not willing to risk their position and funding even if it means the unjust imprisonment of an innocent.

Anonymous said...

I didn do nuffin - the usual response when a black is caught red handed committing a crime.

Anonymous said...

Does that include the AG Cooper and the AG Holding, Dr. Harr? How about all judges, DA's and lawyers? Are all these people with political agendas conflicted to Duke in NC? What about the appeal lawyers and judges? Do you know the conflicts with Duke that are held by the Appeals Court Judges?

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"Duke University has a lot of power... especially with relationship to certain topics such as Crystal Mangum's murder conviction. Duke has plenty of control,"

No Duke does not.

"for example, on what is printed in the news or broadcast."

Seriously wrongo.

"The truth of Daye's death would implicate Duke University Hospital staff,"

The truth is known and does not implicate Duke University Hospital or its staff in the murder of Reginald Daye. That you willfully choose to ignore those facts does not raise doubt about that. It only confirms you are a minimally trained, minimally experienced person with an MD inappropriately appended to his name who is incapable of determining why Reginald Daye died.

"so the media keeps the truth from the people just like Mangum's turncoat attorney Daniel Meier kept the truth from the jury that convicted his client."

Triple wrongo here. What Daniel Meier kept from the jury was your deluded explanation of why Reginald Daye died.

"Duke also has plenty of control over politicians... and anyone who willingly exposes Duke's role in Daye's death will find him/herself on the short end of a campaign coffer belonging to an opponent."

Still mad at Duke, aren't you, because your belief that you could shake down Duke for millions of dollars did not pan out.

"Politicians and organizations are not willing to risk their position and funding even if it means the unjust imprisonment of an innocent."

Except there was no unjust imprisonment of any innocent. The prosecution showed beyond a reasonable doubt Crystal killed Reginald Daye.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"The pathetic article by Charlotte Observer writer Rick Bonnell, naturally dredged up the bogus "past problems" following Hairston which include...arrest for marijuana possession (a charge which was dropped)..."

Awfully hypocritical aren't you. You write extensively about Reginald Daye being charged with beating a woman and never mention that said charge was dropped.

You also tried to conceal evidence that two women, with whom Mr. Daye had had relationshis, told the police he was not violent.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"The newspaper makes a big deal about Hairston's size (6-foot-6, 230 pounds), but doesn't even mention the size of his so-called opponent. For all we know he could've been 7-foot-4, 340 pounds"

From: http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/local/2014/07/06/durham-police-pj-hairston-involved-in-fight-at-ymca/12279115/:

"DURHAM, N.C. -- Durham Police told WFMY News 2 that P.J. Hairston, the Charlotte Hornets draft choice was involved in a fight at the Durham YMCA Sunday. Police were called after Hairston allegedly punched a high school student."

Really SIDNEY. How many high school students are 7 feet 4 inches tall and weigh 340 pounds?

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"The media likewise caused a ruckus about my innocent and altruistic actions in helping Crystal Mangum file a few documents".

You mean the media noted your illegal actions in practicing law without a license. That was hardly innocent.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"The media [tried] to scapegoat Professor Nyang'oro for the academic-athletic situation at UNC-CH (which should have been ignored as it is common practice at competitive sports universities throughout the country).

Another iteration of your belief that black people should all get passes for their crimes. According to news report Professor Nyang'oro accepted $12,000 for teaching a class to athletes, which class never met.

Ask any lawyer. That was fraud.

Or is this again a manifestation of your resentment over failed attempts to enrich yourself by filing bogus lawsuits, like the ones you filed against Duke.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"Can you believe that? So what if a handgun is found near a car he was in... and from the sound of it he wasn't even the driver."

This from the man who insists the fleeing, unarmed Tyrone Baker had a gun even though no gun belonging to Baker was ever found and witnesses said he was unarmed.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"knowing that she would not be able to find representation by an attorney who would not sell her out"

You define an attorney who would not sell her out as one which bought into your fanciful, non authoritative, and frankly untrue accounts as to what happened to Reginald Daye.

That would have gotten Crystal a Murder 1 conviction and a life without parole sentence.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"The State Bar of North Carolina admitted that it was stirred up by media types that directed them to my self-less activities that launched its legal actions against me to enjoin me from helping Mangum."

In other words you got caught practicing law without a license. As is your wont, because you are black you should get a pass for your illegal activity.

Walt said...

Sid wrote: "The media, in trying to scapegoat Professor Nyang'oro for the academic-athletic situation at UNC-CH ...."

That would be Julius Nyang'oro who taught the no-show classes. Instead of defending this fraud, you should be calling him out for cheating his students. There is very little that is scummier than a teacher who cheats his students.

Walt-in-Durham

Walt said...

Sid wrote: "The universities and colleges should be taking actions based upon the principles that are valued by the institutions themselves. Who cares about NCAA policies with their "impermissible benefits" doctrine?"

Well, the universities want to remain members of the NCAA and share in the vast wealth that organization has been able to generate from various television contracts. The NCAA, for good or ill, has a rule about permissible benefits. If a university wants to remain in the NCAA, it has to take the rules with the wealth.

The better argument is, to reform the NCAA to do a better job of protecting student athletes. To that end, I would like to see the NCAA or a student-athlete union negotiate a reasonable compensation package for the sports memorabilia, jerseys, video and computer gaming income. This would allow the student athletes to continue to receive the value of coaching, training and competing at the penultimate level while not being exploited for their personal talents and likeness.

Walt-in-Durham

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that Sidney considers reporting a crime to be being a "tattletale." You really are a complete and total joke at this point Sid. I imagine even you don't take yourself seriously.

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
I find it funny that Sidney considers reporting a crime to be being a "tattletale." You really are a complete and total joke at this point Sid. I imagine even you don't take yourself seriously.


If you see kids on a basketball court playing ball and two kids start shoving one another and it leads to punches being thrown without serious injury, are you going to call the police?

It is unfortunate that many in the media go about instigating problems that don't exist. Fact is that Mangum received better help from me than the attorneys who represented her and withheld exculpatory evidence (the Dr. Roberts report) from her.

Nifong Supporter said...


Walt said...
Sid wrote: "The media, in trying to scapegoat Professor Nyang'oro for the academic-athletic situation at UNC-CH ...."

That would be Julius Nyang'oro who taught the no-show classes. Instead of defending this fraud, you should be calling him out for cheating his students. There is very little that is scummier than a teacher who cheats his students.

Walt-in-Durham


C'mon now, Walt. You're an intelligent gent. You know as well as I that Professor Nyang'oro was simply doing the bidding of those higher-ups in power who wanted to field competitive sports teams. It's as simple as that. The academically challenged student athletes weren't there to learn but to play sports in hopes of being drafted to a professional sports team. Nyang'oro was a good soldier who when the situation was exposed was nothing more than a scapegoat thrown to the wolves.

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
SIDNEY HARR:

"The State Bar of North Carolina admitted that it was stirred up by media types that directed them to my self-less activities that launched its legal actions against me to enjoin me from helping Mangum."

In other words you got caught practicing law without a license. As is your wont, because you are black you should get a pass for your illegal activity.


The legislature and State Bar can define "practicing law" anyway they want. The fact is that the practice of law, in my opinion, should not be restricted to lawyers because it has been proven time and again that many lawyers do not have their clients' best interest at heart... they're turncoats.

Anonymous said...

Sid:

As has been pointed out, the Roberts report concluded the Mangum was responsible for Mr. Daye's death. That is the opposite of exculpatory. Claiming the report is exculpatory does not make it so. It just makes you look stupid and foolish. It is because of things like this that people do not take you seriously.

Anonymous said...

As has been explained previously, your incompetent meddling did much harm to Mangum and her case. In fact, it's hard to imagine her case going much worse. Can you list one favorable ruling or positive outcome you achieved for Mangum.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"f you see kids on a basketball court playing ball and two kids start shoving one another and it leads to punches being thrown without serious injury, are you going to call the police?"

Were you an eyewitness to that?

'It is unfortunate that many in the media go about instigating problems that don't exist."

Like what? Something that did not exist was the rape of Crystal Mangum by the innocent Lacrosse players. Are you admitting now the rape never happened?

"Fact is that Mangum received better help from me than the attorneys who represented her and withheld exculpatory evidence (the Dr. Roberts report) from her."

Bullshit statement since Crystal's attorneys had no exculpatory evidence.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"C'mon now, Walt. You're an intelligent gent. You know as well as I that Professor Nyang'oro was simply doing the bidding of those higher-ups in power who wanted to field competitive sports teams. It's as simple as that."

This statement is significant of two things. First Julius Nyang'oro committed fraud at the behest of his superiors which does not excuse him for accepting money for no work. Second, you again show that black men should get a pass for their crimes because they are black.

"The academically challenged student athletes weren't there to learn but to play sports in hopes of being drafted to a professional sports team. Nyang'oro was a good soldier who when the situation was exposed was nothing more than a scapegoat thrown to the wolves."

If Professor Nyang'oro, he would not have accepted money for not teaching a course he was supposed to be teaching. He committed fraud.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"The legislature and State Bar can define "practicing law" anyway they want. The fact is that the practice of law, in my opinion, should not be restricted to lawyers because it has been proven time and again that many lawyers do not have their clients' best interest at heart... they're turncoats."

Again you are saying that you should get a pass for your illegal activity because you are black.

And you defined an attorney as turncoat because said attorney showed good judgment by keeping you out of the case. Had any attorney listened to you, Crystal would have been convicted of Murder 1 and sentenced to life without parole.

I think this is also an expression of hostility towards attorneys who would not represent you in your frivolous, non meritorious lawsuits against Duke.

guiowen said...

I think the question is what, exactly, university sports teams are supposed to be. The NCAA feels that they should be truly amateur, and that the players should be students in good standing at their respective schools. You may feel differently, but in fact this is what the universities have accepted.
Because the teams are truly amateur, there is a limit as to what financial considerations the players may receive. Because the players are supposed to be students in good standing, they have to pass a certain number of courses -- and moreover these courses actually have to meet.
Of course there is a good deal of cheating. For one thing, "boosters" will frequently pay the players some money, or might give them the use of an automobile. This is not a crime, but the student in accepting these benefits loses his amateur status. For another, schools will frequently have special "courses" for which it is understood that athletes will be treated much more leniently than other students, or, in the extreme, courses which give students credit without ever meeting.
Now the NCAA frowns on such activities and tries to police the several schools. It doesn't always succeed, but it can punish schools that violate the norms and it can declare certain athletes ineligible for the same reason. Since the schools gain quite a bit from membership in the NCAA, they will punish those people at the schools (players, coaches, teachers) who act against the norms.
I'm sorry you don't agree with this philosophy, Sidney (you apparently feel schools should just be farm teams for professional leagues) but that's the way it is.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Harr,

What is the federal law that states that people have to be taken to the nearest hospital in case of emergency?

What happens if the person has an insurance policy where the services of that provider network hospital is not included? Do all insurance policies include all hospitals for all emergencies to comply with the federal law that Walt stated existed on this blog during a discussion about the same some time ago (I don't remember the exact law tho - what is it Walt - ya there?)
Do you remember what it is Dr. Harr?

Anyway, if Duke makes errors in emergency care that they do not take responsibility for, and/or if the patient has no insurance to cover their care, doesn't that put the entire population at risk of threat from harm from them at their whim since they don't take responsibility for their own malpractice and/or there is no insurance company available or willing to tangle with them?

This case should be a concern for ALL.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

Check this out:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/university-miami-football-players-arrested-sexual-assault-physically/story?id=24482596

Why are these athletes not attracting as much media attention as the Duke Lacrosse players who were falsely accused of raping Crystal Mangum?

Walt said...

Sid wrote: "You know as well as I that Professor Nyang'oro was simply doing the bidding of those higher-ups in power who wanted to field competitive sports teams."

I don't know that, but I do suspect that this issue goes higher than Nyang'oro. That said, he still cheated his students, those who were competitive athletes and those who were not.

I also know that Nyang'oro has turned. Once you start giving evidence, the state owns you, forever.

Walt-in-Durham

Walt said...

Anonymous at 9:10 PM, your logic is difficult to follow. However, annon at 9:10 wrote: "Anyway, if Duke makes errors in emergency care that they do not take responsibility for,..."

That is assuming facts very much not in evidence. The fact is, Duke does take responsibility for its errors in medical care.

"... and/or if the patient has no insurance to cover their care, doesn't that put the entire population at risk of threat from harm from them at their whim since they don't take responsibility for their own malpractice and/or there is no insurance company available or willing to tangle with them?"

Some points here: (1) in fiscal year 2013 DUHS provided $78 million in charity care;
(2) it absorbed medicaid losses of $64 million;
(3) medicare losses of $153 million;
(4) had $22 million in unrecoverable patient charges; and
(5)provided in kind support to community health centers in the amount of $10 million.

Clearly those are some large numbers even if you discount the medicare and medicaid "losses" as I do. So, get your facts straight, DUHS provides a lot of charity care to people who cannot afford it.

Second, Duke pays its malpractice insurance and settles cases when appropriate.

Walt-in-Durham

Anonymous said...

Yes Walt, but if you are one of the ones whom they do not treat well - than none of those facts and figures mean you were treated well and are doing well as a result of the maltreatment received. Therefore, since anyone could be that one not treated well at any time in theory, actually knowing what the laws are that your treatment is based upon is very helpful to making responsible rational decisions concerning health services and Duke or any other health service identity (in this case Duke).

What is the law again that the federal government determines citizens must receive emergency care at the nearest available hospital that you mentioned previously Walt, (if you don't mind sharing again)?.

guiowen said...

To the 9:58,
Here is all the information:
http://www.emtala.com/faq.htm

I've no doubt you will find it interesting.

Walt said...

Anonymous wrote: "Yes Walt, but if you are one of the ones whom they do not treat well - than none of those facts and figures mean you were treated well and are doing well as a result of the maltreatment received."

The anonymous poster at 9:10 wrote: "...doesn't that put the entire population at risk...." That is not an individual concern, but a general concern. The facts are clear, DUHS provides $110 million in charity care per year. That more than addresses any general concerns the poster at 9:10 might have.

On an individual basis, the medical malpractice laws in NC would govern and it has been my experience that DUHS is better than most teaching hospitals when it comes to medical errors and much better than community hospitals. The area where DUHS falls short and indeed all teaching hospitals seem to fall short is hospital infections. That is an issue DUHS is aware of and attacking, but they still have a lot of room to improve.

Again, looking at the rare instances of medical malpractice at DUHS, my experience is DUHS and/or their insurance carrier pays for those errors within the bounds of the law.

"Therefore, since anyone could be that one not treated well at any time in theory, actually knowing what the laws are that your treatment is based upon is very helpful to making responsible rational decisions concerning health services and Duke or any other health service identity (in this case Duke)."

That statement is not reasonable. I will not even attempt to devine what you are trying to claim.

"What is the law again that the federal government determines citizens must receive emergency care at the nearest available hospital that you mentioned previously Walt, (if you don't mind sharing again)?."

I think Guiowen answered that for you.

Anonymous said...

I don't think any amount of charitable care Duke gives to others matters much to Mr. Daye at this point in time do you Walt, (or Ms. Mangum for that matter)?

Anonymous said...

Walt, I mean the nature of emergencies are that they are not planned usually, unless maybe it's a storm that is predicted or something like that. Even then, being a casuality of the storm would be considered an emergency (ie: something not planned - like an accident requiring immediate medical services). Therefore, in theory, anyone could need emergency treatment at any unplanned time, and, at any time, be subject to malpractice at any facility providing treatment for the medical emergency.

Knowing what the laws are that govern services received when needed in an emergency is something that is a concern for all responsibile rational persons then, although it isn't something people typically think about needing to know probably.

People assume a lot until cases like these at Duke bring issues that require further understanding to light perhaps.

Anonymous said...

All hospitals have made medical mistakes that have killed people. All hospitals have been sued for malpractice. Duke is not unique in any of this. UNC has killed people via mistakes, WakeMed has, they all have - sadly that's the nature of healthcare. You are no more likely to be a victim of malpractice at Duke as anywhere else.

Anonymous said...

If Duke is killing people with procedures and not taking responsibility for those killings, malpractice or not, than yes, that is a concern for all just like any other medical facility doing the same thing to any one would be a cause for concern for all. Just because it is Duke does not mean there is no reason for the same concern. In fact, because it is Duke and it concerns these cases, the concern about the issue of responsibility and malpractice is THE concern because of the nature of these cases, and because it is Duke who most in NC must rely upon if needed - whether they realize it or not, and regardless of whether they may become a victim of someone Duke has issues with or not.

Anonymous said...

I truly think I lose IQ points every time I read one of your absolutely inane posts. I need to stop.

Anonymous said...

That's nice, you do that.

Anonymous said...

If DUMC, or any other medical provider, intentionally injures or kills someone w/o justification then charges will be brought against the responsible individual(s).

If DUMC or any other medical provider kills or injures someone due to negligence, a civil lawsuit may be brought.

Additionally, doctors and medical providers providing inadequate care may be subject to loss of their licensure.

Be advised that ridiculous, unbased claims advanced irresponsibly and without evidence by people w/o personal knowledge of the facts who are advancing a personal agenda are not a basis for criminal charges, a civil lawsuit or administrative action.

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
Sid:

As has been pointed out, the Roberts report concluded the Mangum was responsible for Mr. Daye's death. That is the opposite of exculpatory. Claiming the report is exculpatory does not make it so. It just makes you look stupid and foolish. It is because of things like this that people do not take you seriously.


In her conclusion Roberts lied and she tried to use a legal reason to justify her conclusion rather than a medical one. Mainly because there is no medical nexus between the stab wound and Daye's brain death and subsequent actual death.

Roberts report was extremely biased against Mangum... even not considering the Nichols statement that there were multiple "defensive injuries" to the left upper extremity.

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
As has been explained previously, your incompetent meddling did much harm to Mangum and her case. In fact, it's hard to imagine her case going much worse. Can you list one favorable ruling or positive outcome you achieved for Mangum.


My so-called "involvement" in Mangum's case had very little effect as the mainstream media and the Courts ignored what I attempted to do to help Mangum (for example trying to get the ridiculous larceny of chose in action charges dropped). Meier is responsible for Mangum's outcome... not me! Mangum is partially responsible for trusting Meier and allowing him to talk her out of getting Dr. Roberts involved.

Anonymous said...

So, you think that putting an expert on the stand, and calling her a liar, with no evidence, and no expert to say she is lying, would be considered exculpatory? You are more delusional than I thought.

You really do want Crystal to get LWOP - it must hurt you real bad that she didn't for you to be this obsessed over it.

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
SIDNEY HARR:

"C'mon now, Walt. You're an intelligent gent. You know as well as I that Professor Nyang'oro was simply doing the bidding of those higher-ups in power who wanted to field competitive sports teams. It's as simple as that."

This statement is significant of two things. First Julius Nyang'oro committed fraud at the behest of his superiors which does not excuse him for accepting money for no work. Second, you again show that black men should get a pass for their crimes because they are black.

"The academically challenged student athletes weren't there to learn but to play sports in hopes of being drafted to a professional sports team. Nyang'oro was a good soldier who when the situation was exposed was nothing more than a scapegoat thrown to the wolves."

If Professor Nyang'oro, he would not have accepted money for not teaching a course he was supposed to be teaching. He committed fraud.


I would say that Dr. Nyang'oro did teach the class and should get paid for it. It just so happened that the class did not require attendance.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"In her conclusion Roberts lied and she tried to use a legal reason to justify her conclusion rather than a medical one."

No she didn't.

"Mainly because there is no medical nexus between the stab wound and Daye's brain death and subsequent actual death."

As a minimally trained, minimally experienced person with an MD inappropriately appended to his name, you are not competent to mkr such a statement. Your lack of competence in matters medical does not raise any doubt as to the cause of Reginald Daye's death.

"Roberts report was extremely biased against Mangum..."

No it wasn't. The bias here is your bias against the truth.

"even not considering the Nichols statement that there were multiple 'defensive injurie'' to the left upper extremity."

Which indicates Crystal was the attacker and Reginald Daye was the defender. What you are saying is you wanted Dr. Roberts to perjure herself so Crystal could get a pass for her crimes.

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
SIDNEY HARR:

Check this out:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/university-miami-football-players-arrested-sexual-assault-physically/story?id=24482596

Why are these athletes not attracting as much media attention as the Duke Lacrosse players who were falsely accused of raping Crystal Mangum?


These black college football players were arrested and are getting plenty of media attention. What more do you expect?

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
If DUMC, or any other medical provider, intentionally injures or kills someone w/o justification then charges will be brought against the responsible individual(s).

If DUMC or any other medical provider kills or injures someone due to negligence, a civil lawsuit may be brought.

Additionally, doctors and medical providers providing inadequate care may be subject to loss of their licensure.

Be advised that ridiculous, unbased claims advanced irresponsibly and without evidence by people w/o personal knowledge of the facts who are advancing a personal agenda are not a basis for criminal charges, a civil lawsuit or administrative action.


Although I can make a strong case, I don't know for a fact that Duke staff intentionally killed Daye. What bothers me is that all governmental investigative agencies refuse to investigate.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"My so-called "involvement" in Mangum's case had very little effect as the mainstream media and the Courts ignored what I attempted to do to help Mangum"

Meaningless statement since you did nothing to help Crystal.

"(for example trying to get the ridiculous larceny of chose in action charges dropped). Meier is responsible for Mangum's outcome..."

No he wasn't.

"not me!"

You are in denial. You are largely responsible for why Crystal was convicted.

"Mangum is partially responsible for trusting Meier and allowing him to talk her out of getting Dr. Roberts involved."

Crystal was completely responsible for Mangum's outcome. She stabbed Reginald Daye to death.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"These black college football players were arrested and are getting plenty of media attention. What more do you expect?"

No where the amount of media attention given the innocent Lacrosse players who were falsely accused by Crystal. Is anyone calling these football players Farm Animals or making public guilt presuming statements about them?

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
All hospitals have made medical mistakes that have killed people. All hospitals have been sued for malpractice. Duke is not unique in any of this. UNC has killed people via mistakes, WakeMed has, they all have - sadly that's the nature of healthcare. You are no more likely to be a victim of malpractice at Duke as anywhere else.


True, but brain death by esophageal intubation by an experienced intubator is extremely rare. How coincidental is it that Daye was the victim? Do you think that that particular intubator caused death or brain death by esophageal intubating any other patients? I doubt it. But then, since no one will investigate, we'll never know.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"I would say that Dr. Nyang'oro did teach the class and should get paid for it. It just so happened that the class did not require attendance."

That is a statement worthy of a deluded megalomaniac who thinks a double felony murderer should get a pass for self defense.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"Although I can make a strong case,"

No you can't.

"I don't know for a fact that Duke staff intentionally killed Daye."

Correction: you don't know anything for a fact. You are incapable of knowing so you fabricate.

"What bothers me is that all governmental investigative agencies refuse to investigate."

Why should the authorities investigate since there was no probable cause to believe Duke deliberately killed Reginald Daye.

Your megalomaniacal delusions along with your dearth of training and your dearth of medical experience do not add up to probable cause.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"True, but brain death by esophageal intubation by an experienced intubator is extremely rare."

You would not know since you are not an experienced intubaor.

"How coincidental is it that Daye was the victim?"

Not coincidental at all since he took up with Crystal who already had a history of violent behavior which began before she falsely accused members of the Duke Lacrosse team of raping her.

"Do you think that that particular intubator caused death or brain death by esophageal intubating any other patients? I doubt it. But then, since no one will investigate, we'll never know."

That's like saying we will never know what happened at the Lacrosse party, a stray man you erect because you have neither the medical training nor the medical experience to realize why Reginald Daye died.

Plus, this is another iteration of your belief that your favorite murderess should get a pass for her crimes.

Anonymous said...

The medical records were fairly clear why Mr. Daye died - so for the ME to lie against the medical records and make up wounds and other reasons why he died that are not accounted for in the medical record - either means that Duke lied about what they did to Mr. Daye - or the ME did. One of the two, or both, is lying since the discrepancies are so great between the medical and autopsy reports. It doesn't really take a doctor to see that it the records, altho having Dr. Harr point out the discrepancies in detail in the records is very helpful to understanding them. Why are you still confused about the issues?

Anonymous said...

"Dawg"

The easiest memoriable line of my favorite western actor - the Duke - the man - they'll never be another quite like him. Duke should be proud to share the name Duke with him - even on a bottle of whiskey. It's not like they are perched that far up above the masses to claim to be THE one and only Duke.

sheesshhh louise

I think a lot of what Duke does wrong or evil is a symptom of the threat they place on others and themselves in order to lie or delude at any cost in order to protect and promote their brand name. Like Walt's giving all these supportive Duke facts instead of simply sharing the law name and number as requested. It causes a LOT of problems when dealing with Duke and actually trusting them to provide services that place the patient's needs above Duke's prime motivator of protecting and promoting their brand name at all costs.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous July 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM, July 9, 2014 at 8:48 PM:

No one believes the propaganda you spout because you are incredibly and irredeemably stupid.

Now go ahead and again threaten to call me a hate criminal.

Don't you hate it when someone points out how stupid and impotent you are?

Anonymous said...

Damn, there goes a few more IQ points. If I keep this up I might sink to the level of Kenny and Sid and start believing their crap.

Walt said...

Sid wrote: "In her conclusion Roberts lied ...."

Everyone who disagrees with you is either a liar or involved in a massive conspiracy. Yet we have a real physician who saw the deceased body and made a contemporaneous report who attributes the cause of death to a stabb wound. We have a licensed physician and independent medical record reviewer who reached the same conclusion. The inescapable finding is, Daye sadly died as a result of a stab wound inflicted by Crystal G. Mangum.

Walt-in-Durham

Walt said...

Sid wrote: "My so-called "involvement" in Mangum's case had very little effect..."

Except to alert the state that the defense had an expert that agreed with the Medical Examiner's finding of a cause of death.

"as ... the Courts ignored what I attempted to do to help Mangum..."

As well they should. Your motions were frivolous, and you never had standing to "help" Crystal.

"(for example trying to get the ridiculous larceny of chose in action charges dropped)."

Which you went about in completely the wrong way. In fact, the competent attorneys representing Mangum rather preferred the larceny count remain in so they could have something that would allow the jury to start acquitting Mangum. Of course Meier advised Crystal not to testify. She disregarded that good advice and proceeded to convict herself.

"Meier is responsible for Mangum's outcome... not me!"

In your dreams. In reality, you hobbled the defense.

"Mangum is partially responsible for trusting Meier and allowing him to talk her out of getting Dr. Roberts involved."

I thought Roberts was a liar? Try being consistent, it would make you somewhat more persuasive.

Walt-in-Durham

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
The medical records were fairly clear why Mr. Daye died - so for the ME to lie against the medical records and make up wounds and other reasons why he died that are not accounted for in the medical record - either means that Duke lied about what they did to Mr. Daye - or the ME did. One of the two, or both, is lying since the discrepancies are so great between the medical and autopsy reports. It doesn't really take a doctor to see that it the records, altho having Dr. Harr point out the discrepancies in detail in the records is very helpful to understanding them. Why are you still confused about the issues?


A brilliant statement by an enlightened commenter that bears repeating.

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
"Dawg"

The easiest memoriable line of my favorite western actor - the Duke - the man - they'll never be another quite like him. Duke should be proud to share the name Duke with him - even on a bottle of whiskey. It's not like they are perched that far up above the masses to claim to be THE one and only Duke.

sheesshhh louise

I think a lot of what Duke does wrong or evil is a symptom of the threat they place on others and themselves in order to lie or delude at any cost in order to protect and promote their brand name. Like Walt's giving all these supportive Duke facts instead of simply sharing the law name and number as requested. It causes a LOT of problems when dealing with Duke and actually trusting them to provide services that place the patient's needs above Duke's prime motivator of protecting and promoting their brand name at all costs.


Duke University should not have a monopoly on use of the name Duke... unless another college or university wants to use it. Clearly John Wayne is well known as "the Duke" and an image of him in cowboy garb on the label of a bottle of bourbon, or whiskey, is not going to impugn Duke University's image. Duke University is wrong in this and should not block a business from using the name as a brand for their product.

Nifong Supporter said...


Walt said...
Sid wrote: "In her conclusion Roberts lied ...."

Everyone who disagrees with you is either a liar or involved in a massive conspiracy. Yet we have a real physician who saw the deceased body and made a contemporaneous report who attributes the cause of death to a stabb wound. We have a licensed physician and independent medical record reviewer who reached the same conclusion. The inescapable finding is, Daye sadly died as a result of a stab wound inflicted by Crystal G. Mangum.

Walt-in-Durham


Walt, neither the prosecutors, Dr. Roberts, nor the defense attorneys ever able to explain what complication was responsible for Daye's death... Keep in mind that it was the brain death shortly after his esophageal intubation on the third postoperative day that led to his removal from life support and Daye's death. How did the stab wound result in Daye's brain death?

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"A brilliant statement by an enlightened commenter that bears repeating."

Prima Facie evidence that SIDNEY is a minimally trained, minimally experienced person with an MD inappropriately appended to his name who knows nothing about matters medial.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"Walt, neither the prosecutors, Dr. Roberts, nor the defense attorneys ever able to explain what complication was responsible for Daye's death..."

Yes they were. Because of your dearth of medical training and medical experience you were unable to understand it. Your lack of training and knowledge does not raise any doubt about Crystal's guilt.

"Keep in mind that it was the brain death shortly after his esophageal intubation on the third postoperative day that led to his removal from life support and Daye's death."

Keep in mind that Reginald Daye was being worked up for an inntra abdominal infection, something for which he needed evaluation considering his symptoms. The bottom line is, again, your dearth of medical training and dearth of medical experience does not raise any doubt that the stab wound inflicted by Crystal caused Mr. Daye's death. As you are admitting that Mr. Daye's brain death occurred shortly after the attempt at intubation, it says the people treating Mr. Daye did react appropriately. They DID NOT just intubate him and let him go on to die. If you really had any knowledge of matters medical you would have understood this.

"How did the stab wound result in Daye's brain death?"

It has been explained to you a number of times. I say again, you do not understand because you lack the medical training and medical experience to understand. And your dearth of training and dearth of experience does not raise any doubt about the cause of Mr. Daye's death.

However it does confirm you do not know about what which you talk.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"Duke University should not have a monopoly on use of the name Duke... unless another college or university wants to use it. Clearly John Wayne is well known as "the Duke" and an image of him in cowboy garb on the label of a bottle of bourbon, or whiskey, is not going to impugn Duke University's image. Duke University is wrong in this and should not block a business from using the name as a brand for their product."

So you are now going to apply the label Duke to your delusions and then say Duke believes in the non existent carpetbgger jihad and now believes in the non existent vendetta against Crystal.

That would be compatible for your obvious belief that you are above the law, that you are a law unto yourself.

You are wrong on both accousts.

Anonymous said...

It still amuses me that Sid doesn't think any of Mangum's lawyers asked Dr. Roberts, or the Duke physicians, or Dr. Nichols, how they would have answered the questions he wants asked. He also claims that no one ever investigated anything, and that only he knows the truth to anything.

The reality is, I'm sure all that was done, but because Sid is completely irrelevant to this lawsuit, no one is willing to tell him about any of it.

Because people won't tell him the answers, he just pretends no one ever asked.

His level of delusion is staggering.

Anonymous said...

He should hook up with Durham's other crazy-man and start putting signs up everywhere.

Walt - any news on his Duke lawsuit?

kenhyderal said...

If any of Crystal's lawyers ever spoke to the physicians and technicians who treated Daye they kept this information from their client. It is my belief that it never happened. I've asked Attorney Meier who lurks here to respond to this. If it was not done that should indicate to anyone there was an inadequate defence mounted.

guiowen said...

Hello, Daniel Meier,
Kenhyderal is well aware that you are lurking here. For your information, he is (a) a fighter, (be) a master debater, and (c) Crystal's best friend. Moreover, Kilgo recently sent him some important information about you.
Unless you want to find out what it is to have such a man come after you, you would do well to give him an explanation of all your actions.
FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED!

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

"If any of Crystal's lawyers ever spoke to the physicians and technicians who treated Daye they kept this information from their client."

If they kept this from her it was because the information would have been damaging to her defense.

"It is my belief that it never happened."

It is also your belief that Crystal was raped. Now THAT is something which never happened.

"I've asked Attorney Meier who lurks here to respond to this."

Why would he respond to you? He probably considers you beneath noticing. If so, he is a good judge of character.

"If it was not done that should indicate to anyone there was an inadequate defence mounted."

No it wouldn't. You are as capable a legal expert as you are a medical expert.

kenhyderal said...

As usual Guiowen you add absolutely nothing to this blog with your nonsense and your sarcasm. Attorney Meier was not allowed sufficient time to prepare a proper defence. It is my understanding that Lawyers in North Carolina, appointed to defend indigent defendant rarely if ever provide the all out defence that any defendant deserves. Probably because they are poorly compensated for this work and it takes away from their more lucrative practice.2474

kenhyderal said...

Anonymous said: "If they kept this from her it was because the information would have been damaging to her defense"....... Huh? Damaging in what way? A professional should not withhold information from their clients. There has to be an expectation of trust between them

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

"As usual Guiowen you add absolutely nothing to this blog with your nonsense and your sarcasm."

What have you contributed to this blog other than you believe Crystal was raped even though you can not provide any credible factual evidence that she was. That adds up to nothing.

"Attorney Meier was not allowed sufficient time to prepare a proper defence."

Crystal had over two years to prepare her defense. She failed to use the time wisely because SIDNEY convinced her she would never go to trial, that the state had no case.

"It is my understanding that Lawyers in North Carolina, appointed to defend indigent defendant rarely if ever provide the all out defence that any defendant deserves. Probably because they are poorly compensated for this work and it takes away from their more lucrative practice."

You have never shown that you are capable of understanding anything.

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

"Anonymous said: "If they kept this from her it was because the information would have been damaging to her defense"....... Huh? Damaging in what way?"

HUH??? Damaging in the way that it showed Reginald Daye died from a complication of the stab wound which Crystal inflicted, especially if the face of the fact that there was no evidence she acted in self defense.

"A professional should not withhold information from their clients. There has to be an expectation of trust between them".

You do not qualify as anything other than a professional nothing. Ergo, you are not competent to comment on what professionals do.

guiowen said...

Kenhyderal,
I'm only trying to help you! However I can't do it all; I'm not a master debater like you.
You have to make it clear to Meier that you are ready to fight him.

Anonymous said...

a

s
a
r
c
a
s
t
i
c

m
a
n

i
s

a

w
o
u
n
d
e
d

m
a
n

Anonymous said...

Dr. Harr,

There is a new article on WRAL on-line today that talks about another case where Dr. Nichol's autopsy work was questioned - in case you miss it.

kenhyderal said...

Guiowen said: "You have to make it clear to Meier that you are ready to fight him"........ Get real, for a change, Guiowen. I have no intention of picking a fight fight with Attorney Meier. In my opinion he failed Crystal and the inadequacy of the defence he mounted should be one of the grounds for getting her a new trial. In defence of Meier he had limited time to prepare and was not inclined, it seems, to spend the time and the resources this case called for. Dr. Harr would have been a valuable resource for him.

Anonymous said...

What do you think will have a more negative impact on his future legal career, his support of Duke in obstructing justice in this case, or his total lack of legal representation of Ms. Mangum in a manner where she could possibly 'win' her case, for herself and for the general safety of the public (including himself)?

guiowen said...

Sorry to have to point out your inadequacies, Kenhyderal. You're always telling us you're a fighter, but the one time when you might have a reason to fight, you just show us what a pussycat you are. You complain that Meier won't talk to you, but don't even try to see him. You tell us all about how Kilgo's information will get Crystal out of jail, but you make no effort to locate him. You tell us all about how much you're helping Crystal, but all you do is fantasize.
Now, is that sarcastic enough for you?
GET REAL!

guiowen said...

I actually feel sorry for Crystal if she's relying on Ken and Sid to get her out.

Anonymous said...

Kenny, why do you assume Meier lurks here? He posted apparently twice months ago, and nothing since, and this blog has just gotten more and more idiotic. I guess your buddy Kilgo says he has a source who says he still comes here?

If you want answers you need to ask the person you are seeking them from (though he probably wouldn't answer), not post on a blog and then somehow try to point to a total lack of response (whether it was seen or not) as suspicious.

Of course, you aren't his client, so why do you think you'd remotely be entitled to the answers to your questions anyway?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Meier did neither of the things you accuse him of (shilling for Duke and failing Crystal) and I'm also sure he isn't worried about "negative consequences" to his legal career based on the inane rankings of a few certifiable nut cases on the internet.

Anonymous said...

For all of Sid, Kenny, and tinfoil hat's screeching about wanting an investigation of Dr. Nichols and the autopsy - they like to ignore that already happened.

What, exactly, do you think Dr. Roberts did? She was a forensic pathologist, hired by the defense, to review the medical records and autopsy, and determine cause of death and other issues. She caught the issues Sid goes nuts over (esophageal intubation, suspected DTs, mistakes in the autopsy report, etc.), and noted that Dr. Nichols's autopsy was sloppy. There was the full investigation of the work, and it found that Dr. Nichols was either lazy or incompetent or overworked (a mistake on if a spleen was removed isn't fraud).

However, it also said that while that autopsy report was an issue, the cause of death was correct, so in the end, the report was incredibly helpful to the State, and incredibly harmful to Crystal, and therefore not used.

For all their talk of wanting an investigation, their statements that Dr. Roberts must be lying because she doesn't agree with their conclusion prove they aren't remotely interested in an independent review of anything - there was one - they want someone to parrot their paranoid and delusional beliefs back at them, and unless that happens, they will continue to harp on some vast anti-Crystal conspiracy/pro-Duke conspiracy that exists only in the paranoid and delusional fantasies of their mind.

There was a thorough review - and yes, it showed issues with Dr. Nichols, but since the trial was about Crystal, and not him, and the report was also damaging to Crystal, it would have been the hight of lunacy and idiocy to use that report and have the Defense's own expert say their client was responsible for the death of Daye.

Sid also still hasn't ever admitted he was/is wrong about Daye's inadmissible prior record; the felony murder; and other issues. C'mon Sid, you that delusional you can't admit a mistake/error?

Also, if Crystal gets a new trial on an issue Meier preserved for appeal, y'all still gonna say he did nothing for her?

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

"Get real, for a change, Guiowen. I have no intention of picking a fight fight with Attorney Meier."

Because you know he is more accomplished than you are and you would lose badly.

"In my opinion he failed Crystal and the inadequacy of the defence he mounted should be one of the grounds for getting her a new trial."

And your opinion is worth less than 0.001 pre Euro Italian Lira.

"In defence of Meier he had limited time to prepare and was not inclined, it seems, to spend the time and the resources this case called for."

Daniel Meier had limited time because Crystal wasted the time she had. She believed what SIDNEY was telling her, that the state had no case and would dismiss the charges before going to trial.

"Dr. Harr would have been a valuable resource for him."

Minimally trained, minimally experienced SIDNEY(who devoted much of his post medical career to filing and osing frivolous lawsuits) would have caused him to waste what time he had. SIDNEY's fantasies would have wasted what time Mr. Meier had. Again his time was limited because Crystal frittered it away.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Harr,

The article on the News and Observer on-line today about the other case involving Dr. Nichols provides more detail for understanding the issues in that case. Apparently this case influenced what Dr. Nichols did in that case which was questionable. It is an interesting article and one that you should read.

kenhyderal said...

Anonymous said: "You tell us all about how Kilgo's information will get Crystal out of jail, but you make no effort to locate him"......... Huh? What has Kilgo got to do with the Daye case and with Crystal's wrongful conviction? What Kilgo can do and will be compelled to do, though, is give evidence when those who sexually assaulted her are finally brought to justice.

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

"Anonymous said: "You tell us all about how Kilgo's information will get Crystal out of jail, but you make no effort to locate him".

"Huh? What has Kilgo got to do with the Daye case"

As much as he did with the phoney Duke Rape case. Absolutely nothing.

"and with Crystal's wrongful conviction?"

Crystal was not wrongfully convicted.

"What Kilgo can do and will be compelled to do, though, is give evidence when those who sexually assaulted her are finally brought to justice.

Not at all possible since it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that Crystal was not sexually assaulted. You yourself admit you can provide no credible factual evidence that anyone witnessed a sexual assault perpetrated on Crystal.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

Regarding Anonymous July 11, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Maybe he is referring to this case:

http://www.wral.com/questioned-autopsy-report-factored-in-cary-woman-s-release-a-year-after-husband-s-death/13803654/

If so, there is nothing there. However, you will probably try to make something out of nothing, like you did with Crystal's false rape allegations.

There was a death. The victim was strangled. The initial medical examiner report was that he died of natural causes, coronary thrombosis, which Dr. Nichols signed off on. Then came another opinion in which another pathologist said the strangulation could have caused the death and the death might be murder. Dr. Nichols signed off on that.

Anonymous said...

What Kilgo can do and will be compelled to do, though, is give evidence when those who sexually assaulted her are finally brought to justice


So, Kenny - who will be compelling Kilgo, and how? He can't be forced to talk to the police, and there are no lawsuits or anything else going on that could force him to talk.

You are once again as delusional as Sid!

Anonymous said...

Evil Duke Troll NonRetired NonDoc:

actually i was referring to the article on the news and observer like i said - and yes - that article gave more facts about the case that seemed to indicate this case affected that case - which was/is interesting - unlike your trollish reply that made no sense except to watch yet another example of you denying everything said on this blog unless it is hateful and spiteful or harmful to Ms. Mangum, etc.

Anonymous said...

What about the article makes you think that case was at all affected by Mangum's case? No, that's not a troll or criticism, that's just a question. I read it as totally independent - the SBI did more investigations, and they amended the autopsy. I don't see any relation to Mangum's case, other than the ME was Dr. Nichols, who averaged around 400 per year, so that's not exactly unusual.

Anonymous said...

Nevermind - the News and Observer article has a lot more details, as you noted - and while it doesn't tie to this case, the Judge does tie it to the SBI investigation (which was unrelated to Mangum).

Anonymous said...

Anonymous July 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM

o one believes the propaganda you spout because you are incredibly and irredeemably stupid.

Now go ahead and again threaten to call me a hate criminal.

Don't you hate it when someone points out how stupid and impotent you are?

Regards EDT

Anonymous said...

It isn't unrelated to Ms. Mangum's case as her lawyer requested that the trial not start until the issues about his firing be completely resolved, which the judge seemed to indicate it was but made no effort to investigate him for the Ms. Mangum case nor to insure equal protection by providing sufficient time for Ms. Mangum to reasonably defend herself with the evidence provided in the second written autopsy report that she had only a lunch break to consider and which negated Dr. Nichols autopsy report.

What was the second case that the SBI was investigating Dr. Nichols for as indicated in the News and Observer article?

Anonymous said...

The "second autopsy report" was from Crystal's own expert - and it was not remotely exculpatory or helpful to her (despite what Sid says), but it was the Defense report - so the Judge wouldn't give her extra time to review it.

The possible issues on appeal in this case have been explained repeatedly, and who knows. NONE of them have anything to do with Sid's blathering.

The fact the case proceeded while the Nichols Investigation was ongoing is an issue. The 404b is an issue. The denial of some other experts is an issue. There are appeallable issues - which is why Sid is trying to hard to keep muddying the waters and destroy any chance of it being successful.

But the Dr. Roberts findings were known to Crystal for a long time - she even personally met with Dr. Roberts - at every stage, she was told by her lawyers, and Dr. Roberts herself, the conclusion of that report and how it would be harmful.

Unfortuately, rather than listen to the people actually fighting for her, she listened to crackpot Harr who convinced her that everyone else was lying, and only he knew the truth.

kenhyderal said...

Anonymous said: "So, Kenny - who will be compelling Kilgo, and how"...... "I was assuming he could be put under oath and forced to reveal the name of the person who purported to be an eye-witness to the crime.

Anonymous said...

Evil Duke Troll NonDoc in need of one to assist you with your apparent obssessive compulsive disorder:

How bout if i just call you a hate criminal like i've done before - will that get you to stop your latest compulsive trolling?

Anonymous said...

You still think asking questions is trolling ... you really are clueless. You just need to go back to blah blah blah ... that's about the most intelligent thing you've ever posted on this blog.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Mangum had a right to the second written report - a judge even ordered that one of her lawyers provide it to her - which he did not. No, none of your arguments about the autopsy reports support equal justice and protection, which all have a right to. None of them.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said: "So, Kenny - who will be compelling Kilgo, and how"...... "I was assuming he could be put under oath and forced to reveal the name of the person who purported to be an eye-witness to the crime.


You assume totally wrong. The police cannot force you (anyone) to talk with them, and unless there is a civil suit no one else could force him to talk.

Seriously - if you and Sid have this little knowledge of how things work you really should stop trying to assist Crystal.

Who would put him under oath and force him to talk? The police can't, and private citizens can't. No one can be forced to talk, unless there is an active lawsuit, and they are properly subpoenaed, and even then there are rules - and there is no active lawsuit.

It can't happen in a criminal investigation - the police would need some reason to put him before a grand jury, and if he doesn't live in NC, they couldn't even do that.

So, no, you assumed wrong and proved that when you assume you make an ass out of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Mangum had a right to the second written report - a judge even ordered that one of her lawyers provide it to her - which he did not. No, none of your arguments about the autopsy reports support equal justice and protection, which all have a right to. None of them.


The lawyer did provide her the written report as soon as he got it. I realize you believe (because St. Sid says so) that they actually had the written report all along, but from everything that was stated/reported, it was ordered produced, and was given to Crystal after it was produced.

None of her attorneys wanted the report produced because they knew that having their expert verify the cause of death was incredibly harmful to Crystal, and as soon as it was produced, it would go to the prosecution. But, Crystal insisted, the Judge Ordered it, and so it was produced and given to the prosecution and Crystal.

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

"I was assuming he could be put under oath and forced to reveal the name of the person who purported to be an eye-witness to the crime."

So he is put under oath and gives a name of a Lacrosse player. What would happen is the player he named would say, I was never a friend of Kilgo and I did not witness any sexual assault on Crystal Mangum.

Then Kilgo would be facing a perjury charge.

That is why Kilgo has disappeared.

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

The more likely scenario is that Kilgo would say I never made that claim to KENHYDERAL.

You csn not prove he ever made that claim.

So why would he be put under oath.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous July 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM

No one believes the propaganda you spout because you are incredibly and irredeemably stupid.

Now go ahead and again threaten to call me a hate criminal.

Don't you hate it when someone points out how stupid and impotent you are?

Regards EDT

Anonymous said...

Everything that you say about the autopsy reports is pure bs - you know that tho right evil duke troll nondoc?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

"Evil Duke Troll NonDoc in need of one to assist you with your apparent obssessive compulsive disorder:

How bout if i just call you a hate criminal like i've done before - will that get you to stop your latest compulsive trolling?"

As I once said to KENHYDERAL, that would be as threatening as being stoned with popcorn at a range of 100 yards.

July 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Anonymous said...

Anonymous July 11, 2014 at 1:39 PM

"Everything that you say about the autopsy reports is pure bs - you know that tho right evil duke troll nondoc?"

You know you are decompensating, don't you, almost to the point of soiling your underware.

Anonymous said...

So do you hate everyone that doesn't follow the KC evil duke patrol narrative or the duke is us logo charade without question evil duke troll?

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
Dr. Harr,

The article on the News and Observer on-line today about the other case involving Dr. Nichols provides more detail for understanding the issues in that case. Apparently this case influenced what Dr. Nichols did in that case which was questionable. It is an interesting article and one that you should read.


Thank you for the heads-up. I appreciate it. You can bet that my next sharlog (I will begin working on it tomorrow - Saturday) will most definitely cover that case. Talk about craziness of the North Carolina legal system!!!

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
Dr. Harr,

There is a new article on WRAL on-line today that talks about another case where Dr. Nichol's autopsy work was questioned - in case you miss it.


Thanks. I caught it on the news last night and then in today's News & Observer. And, of course, I will include it in my upcoming sharlog.

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous said...
Dr. Harr,

The article on the News and Observer on-line today about the other case involving Dr. Nichols provides more detail for understanding the issues in that case. Apparently this case influenced what Dr. Nichols did in that case which was questionable. It is an interesting article and one that you should read.


Thank you. Very interesting!! Dottie Amtey strangles her debilitated 77 year old husband because he turned off the television set and the medical examiner claims that he didn't die due to being strangled... but rather a heart attack preceded it.

Crystal Mangum stabs her drunken boyfriend who had earlier busted down the locked bathroom door to get at her and drag her out by her hair and stabs him once because she claimed he was choking her. He is treated immediately with surgery and given a prognosis for a full recovery. Two days later, after being intubated in the esophagus and suffering a cardiac arrest and brain death, left in a coma for a week, and then dies when life support is electively removed and Mangum is charged with first degree murder...?

Maybe sagacious Walt-in-Durham can explain.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"Thank you for the heads-up. I appreciate it. You can bet that my next sharlog (I will begin working on it tomorrow - Saturday) will most definitely cover that case. Talk about craziness of the North Carolina legal system!!!"

Yeah "Talk about craziness of the North Carolina legal system!!!", the North Carolina Legal System in which three innocent men were charged with committing a rape which never happened. However it gets a bit of redemption in that it will not accept a minimally trained minimally experienced person with an MD degree appended to his name as any kind of expert.

kenhyderal said...

Anonymous said: "It can't happen in a criminal investigation - the police would need some reason to put him before a grand jury, and if he doesn't live in NC, they couldn't even do that" ........ Didn't DA Nifong threaten to charge any witness to the crime who failed to come forward with obstruction of justice?

Anonymous said...

Sid:

July is going by quickly. Do you have anything to report on your efforts to get Mangum released by the end of the month, or was that just another one of your grandiose, delusional, and ultimately empty claims that you will forget ever having made?

Anonymous said...

For more than a decade, efforts to systematically overhaul the United States immigration system have been overshadowed by other events—from foreign wars and national security concerns to the financial crisis that threatened to bring down the world economy. In addition to this ever-changing list of national crises, years of partisan political fighting and the resurgence of a volatile restrictionist movement that thrives on angry rhetoric have made opportunities for advancing genuine reform few and far between. As a result, many in both parties opted for a political strategy that emphasized immigration enforcement over immigration reform, holding to the argument that efficiently deporting non-citizens would reduce illegal immigration and pave the way for more sensible outcomes in the future. Instead, the unprecedented spending on immigration enforcement, the extraordinary rise in deportations, the passage of state anti-immigrant laws, and the almost daily anecdotes of separated families and discrimination finally took their toll. Voters signaled in the 2012 federal elections that they were tired of enforcement-only immigration policies and the senseless pain they caused. Now more than ever, the opportunity to craft immigration laws that reflect American values and needs is a distinct possibility. The White House, Members of Congress, and countless organizations have issued new ideas and principles for making the system work. These proposals vary and will likely change even more as proposals translate into legislation, but there are a number of common themes that exist. This paper lays out an overview of the underlying legal system, the most basic principles of reform, the reasons behind them, and how they are likely to be reflected in coming legislation.

Anonymous said...

I hope race traitor Mike Nifong has another diagnosis of prostate cancer and dies from it this time.Even better if Crystal Mangum gets stabbed to death in prison.It would save the taxpayers in North Carolina (i.e whites)a lot of money.

Lance the Intern said...

Gone for the past 2 weeks for family vacation...Why no news here about Mark Gottlieb's suicide or that the Innocence Project is calling for audits of ALL Nifong cases?

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

"Didn't DA Nifong threaten to charge any witness to the crime who failed to come forward with obstruction of justice?"

Yes he did, and it was one of the more unethical things he did. He was trying to suborn perjury, to intimidate members of the Lacrosse team into giving false incriminating testimony against their team mates.

Marcia Goodenough, a veteran prosecutor, testified about that in DA NIFONG's ethics trial. She pointed out that testimony obtained that way would be tainted. The threats of criminal prosecution means that whoever testified did so to avoid prosecution, not to tell the truth.

Such tactics are characteristic of the justice systems of totalitarian states, like Nazi Germany,

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"Thank you. Very interesting!! Dottie Amtey strangles her debilitated 77 year old husband because he turned off the television set and the medical examiner claims that he didn't die due to being strangled... but rather a heart attack preceded it."

And it was a medical examiner other than Dr Nichols. Another pathologist concluded that the assault could have caused the heart attack and Dr. Nichols signed off on that final opinion.

"Crystal Mangum stabs her drunken boyfriend who had earlier busted down the locked bathroom door to get at her and drag her out by her hair and stabs him once because she claimed he was choking her."

That Reginald Daye was drunk is in question. That he attempted to choke Crystal was never proven. The paramedics who treated her found no evidence she had been beaten. Neither did you in any of the photographs you posted. Dr. Nichols did find defensive wounds on his arms.

"He is treated immediately with surgery and given a prognosis for a full recovery."

Judging from records you illegally accessed and posted, there was an interval of hours between wounding and surgical treatment. That does not add up to immediate surgical treatment.

"Two days later, after being intubated in the esophagus and suffering a cardiac arrest and brain death, left in a coma for a week, and then dies when life support is electively removed and Mangum is charged with first degree murder...?"

He was being evaluated for an intra abdominal infection when he aspirated and very rapidly went into Cardiac arrest. Considering the risk of infection, which you as a minimally trained, minimally experienced person with an MD degree discount, the workup was indicated. The workup would not have been necessary had Crystal not stabbed Mr. Daye.

"Maybe sagacious Walt-in-Durham can explain."

The explanation is obvious. You are a minimally trained, minimally experienced person with an MD degree inappropriately attached to your name. You think your gross ignorance of matters medical and your attitude that Crystal should get a pass for her crimes does not raise any doubt as to why Reginald Daye died.

kenhyderal said...

The Duke Lacrosse Liestopper Bloggers ridiculed investigative author William Cohan for saying the anti-Nifong anti-Mangum haters would not be satisfied until they were dead; claiming he had gone over the top with such wild accusations. Oh yeah, see the anonymous post at 7:19 for evidence of this. B.t.w. this is not an isolated incident. There was recently a similar post on that blog.

guiowen said...

Come on, Kenhyderal,
We are well aware that you wrote the 7:19 post.
Don't think you can fool us! We weren't born yesterday.

kenhyderal said...

You're as sick as he is.

guiowen said...

Oldest trick in the book, Kenny. Did you actually think we'd fall for it?

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

"The Duke Lacrosse Liestopper Bloggers ridiculed investigative author William Cohan"

Error alert: William Cohan is no more an investigative author than Adolf Hitler was a democratically elected leader or than minimally trained, minimally experienced SIDNEY HARR is a medical expert.

"for saying the anti-Nifong anti-Mangum haters would not be satisfied until they were dead;"

Which statement shows your moral compass or lack thereof. It is a rather hateful and fanciful statement on the part of Cohan, and you can't realize it.

"claiming he had gone over the top with such wild accusations."

He had. Just like you go over the top every time you claim someone raped false accuser Crystal Mangum.

"Oh yeah, see the anonymous post at 7:19 for evidence of this."

The post at 7:19 was over the top. Anyone who would wish cancer on another person is just as over the top as a corrupt prosecutor who prosecutes innocent men just for his own personal advantage, something you try to excuse.

"B.t.w. this is not an isolated incident. There was recently a similar post on that blog."

Why don't you copy and paste said post which you claim appeared recently. The last post of this kind, as I recall, was posted years ago.

Anonymous said...

As we all know, Barack Obama has made more than a few trips to Colorado since accepting the Democratic nomination for president here in 2008, with many of the most memorable moments coming at times when he's mixed with regular folks.
The latest example? Obama's trip to the area on and near 15th Street last night included a handshake with a guy wearing a horse's head mask and this question from someone at the Wazee Supper Club: "Want a hit, man?"

Anonymous said...

Kenny -

When Mike Nifong threatened to charge anyone who came forward with Obstruction of Justice, he was violating the law and prosecutoral ethics. People have NO obligation to come forward or report a crime (with a few limited exceptions for certain professions and crimes against children). In order to "obstruct justice" the person would have to affirmatively lie - in other words, IF you choose to talk to the police, you have to tell the truth, you can't lie (but you can say I choose not to answer).

There is no mechanism to force Kilgo to give any information absent some sort of civil lawsuit and a deposition.

Anonymous said...

The smell of flatulence has secret health benefits – and could help stave off cancer, strokes, heart attacks and dementia, scientists have revealed. Hydrogen sulfide is one of a number of potent smelly gases produced by bacteria as it breaks down food in the gut. It is toxic in large doses but in tiny amounts it helps protect cells and fight illness, according to boffins at Exeter University. When cells become stressed by disease they try to draw in enzymes to generate their own minute quantities of hydrogen sulfide. The chemical helps to preserve mitochondria, which drive energy production in blood vessel cells and regulate inflammation, and without it the cell can switch off and die.

Anonymous said...

Farts are caused by trapped air, which can come from many sources. Some of it is air that we have swallowed while chewing or drinking. Some air is caused by gas seeping into our intestines from our blood, and some gas is produced by chemical reactions in our intestines or bacteria living in our guts. A typical fart is composed of about 59 percent nitrogen, 21 percent hydrogen, 9 percent carbon dioxide, 7 percent methane and 4 percent oxygen. Only about one percent of a fart contains hydrogen sulfide gas and mercaptans, which contain sulfur, and the sulfur is what makes farts stink. Farts make a sound when they escape due to the vibrations of the rectum. The loudness may vary depending on how much pressure is behind the gas, as well as the tightness of the sphincter muscles.

kenhyderal said...

Anonymous said: Why don't you copy and paste said post which you claim appeared recently. The last post of this kind, as I recall, was posted years ago.......... "RighteousThug said...
Gottlieb was evil. He was more than willing to lie to get 30 year sentences for the falsely accused in the DukeLAX frame.
Maybe Nifong will be next to swallow a revolver.

kenhyderal said...

Guiowen said: "Oldest trick in the book, Kenny. Did you actually think we'd fall for it"...... Stop it, Guiowen. You're only making yourself look ridiculous. You and everyone else here know that I don't post anonymously. Trying to suggest that negative things about Crystal that anonymous posters say actually comes from me only suggests that you yourself are nothing but a devious trouble maker.

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

""RighteousThug said...
Gottlieb was evil. He was more than willing to lie to get 30 year sentences for the falsely accused in the DukeLAX frame.
Maybe Nifong will be next to swallow a revolver."

Comment to which you referring:

"Anonymous said...

I hope race traitor Mike Nifong has another diagnosis of prostate cancer and dies from it this time.Even better if Crystal Mangum gets stabbed to death in prison.It would save the taxpayers in North Carolina (i.e whites)a lot of money.

July 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM"

Someone on this blog did wish that DA NIFONG would have a recurrence of prostate cancer, as did the poster of July 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM.
That first comment to which I referred was posted several years ago.

Are you saying those comments justify all the times you have falsely denounced innocent people as rapists?

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

Are you saying people should have received tirty year sentences for raping Crystal? What credible, factual evidence do you have that Crystal was raped?

None.

Anonymous said...

KENHYDERAL:

"Stop it, Guiowen. You're only making yourself look ridiculous. You and everyone else here know that I don't post anonymously. Trying to suggest that negative things about Crystal that anonymous posters say actually comes from me only suggests that you yourself are nothing but a devious trouble maker."

I guess you are not a devious troublemaker. To be devious one has to be intelligent. You have shown no signs of intelligence.

You are nevertheless a troublemaker. What else can one call a person who wants innocent men convicted of rape,who advocates gestapo like measures to have them convicted.

guiowen said...

Kenny,
Maybe you didn't write that anonymous post, but it's clear one of your friends did.
It's too obvious that whoever wrote that wanted to make it seem that some white racist was responsible for it. Why else would the poster write "race traitor" and "taxpayers ... (ie. whites)"?
But it's a well-known trick: whenever you're losing an argument, get an agent provocateur to make the other side look bad.

guiowen said...

Except, of course, that nowadays you don't need agents provocateurs: you can just write an anonymous post and claim the other side wrote it.

Nifong Supporter said...


Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sid:

July is going by quickly. Do you have anything to report on your efforts to get Mangum released by the end of the month, or was that just another one of your grandiose, delusional, and ultimately empty claims that you will forget ever having made?


My claims have all been made in good faith. Sometimes events outside my control take place and my forecasts are deviated as a result. Regarding Mangum's case, I was led to believe that someone would be using material which I gave them to help me achieve my goal of getting Mangum released. However, that individual failed to follow-up on his promises, and as a result I am working on my own. Hopefully, she will be released by August 2014, but there are no guarantees as the opposition are steadfast in their desire to punish her. It is a tough fight... even with Lady Justice on my side.

Anonymous said...

How to Control Your Farts?

Now that we have got to know what causes farts, let us also find out how we can control our farts. Remember one thing, we cannot stop farting but we can prevent it.

Avoid Consuming Too Many Sugars: You should reduce the intake of sugar or avoid taking it as sugar breaks down in your gut more quickly, which means more gas is release when the food is digested. This also includes fructose, lactose, and sorbitol.

Reduce Carbonation: Consuming carbonated drinks, soda, beer and others will cause your intestines to be filled with more air than they should be. If you can reduce carbonated beverages, you will find your farting problem greatly reduced.

Reduce intake of starches: Of all types of grains, Rice is one of the better starches which is recommended to be eaten if you have gas problems. Rice grain is very easy to digest. Other grains like wheat, potato, noodles are very hard on your intestines. So it is better to avoid taking starch when you have farting problem as starches cause the release of intestinal gas.

Quit Chewing Gum and Smoking: When you chew gum, you swallow a lot of air, which cause farts. Similarly, when you smoke, you consume more air. So if you have farting problem, then give up smoking and chewing gum if you want to get rid of the problem.

Improve your digestion: Maintain a healthy balance diet, with the right amounts of proteins, vitamins, calcium, minerals other nutrients. This will definitely lead to proper digestion of food and help you to reduce the farting problem.

Anonymous said...

SIDNEY HARR:

"My claims have all been made in good faith. Sometimes events outside my control take place and my forecasts are deviated as a result."

In other words you have failed again.
"
Regarding Mangum's case, I was led to believe that someone would be using material which I gave them to help me achieve my goal of getting Mangum released. However, that individual failed to follow-up on his promises, and as a result I am working on my own."

Another admission you have failed and you are now trying to cover your butt.

"Hopefully, she will be released by August 2014, but there are no guarantees as the opposition are steadfast in their desire to punish her. It is a tough fight... even with Lady Justice on my side."

Lady Justice has never been on your side. Or, rather, you have never been on the side of Lady Justice. Believing that black murderers should get passes for their crimes is not seeking justice.

Anonymous said...

No, Sid, what is more likely is the person actually read what you provided and realized you are an idiot and wrong, and decided to stay away. I bet you claimed:

1. They should have brought up Daye's "history" as an abuser (which they wouyld know is inadmissible since it was dismissals from years ago).

2. Felony murder (which they would know wasn't applicable).

3. Dr. Nichols's perjury (which they would know doesn't remotely rise to the level of perjury - a mistake about the spleen wasn't material or relevant, and it was clear the report was sloppy already and he didn't remember anything other than what he'd written).

4. Dr. Roberts's exculpatory report (which they would quickly realize isn't exculpatory because while it exposed the sloppiness and errors of Nichols's report - it also agreed with the cause of death, which is all the State needed from the autopsy, so it was actually incredibly damaging to Crystal, and in fact would have been a LWOP sentence with her).

So, that's why they backed off.

As for your next Sharlog - let me save you time: North Carolina is corrupt, Duke sucks, Crystal is innocent, Nichols is a perjurer, Meier a turncoat, and Sid an omniscent hero.

There you go - didn't have to spend any time on it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he'll be glad that you agree and you'll be relieved to save time by not reading it, so we will all be saved from your further critisism of it. You've obviously made your day and can now rest easy.

Anonymous said...

If he ever presented anything new, or even correct, he wouldn't be criticized, but yes, when he puts it out there publicly, I feel perfectly free to point out what an idiot he is, and everything he gets wrong (which he still refuses to acknowledge he is wrong about).

Honestly, if he wants even a shred of credibility, he would listen on some things - because he continues to push things that are absolutely, completely, and totally wrong (the inadmissible alleged record of abuse of Daye) - he loses all credibility with anyone, if he continues to push something that clearly wrong, they figure the rest of his stuff is just as made up an irrational.

If he wouldn't just discard criticism, and listen, he'd help his credibility a bit.

But, this whole website is about his ego, and nothing else, so he likes the comments, good or bac.

Anonymous said...

Well it's not about your ego now is it?

???

Anonymous said...

No, not if someone posts anonymously - they are intentionally not trying to draw attention.

Plus, and again, I know you believe Sid can't be wrong, I'm just pointing out things he is absolutely, completely, and totally wrong about - that's not ego, that's a fact. He needs to stop pushing the inadmissible evidence cause it makes him look like a fool, and convinces everyone that he isn't interested in the truth but his own agenda, so everything is discounted.

If I wanted this for my ego, I would admit that I'm just Kenny posting anonymously, but personally, I like having conversations with myself, so I post a lot, under different names, just for the hell of it.

You do know that other than you there are about 3 people who post - they just use different names to boost their egos and make people think others care.

Blah blah blah

Anonymous said...

yes, i do know that you use a lot of different characters to talk to yourself on this blog and harrass and troll everyone else

Nifong Supporter said...


LISTEN UP, COMMENTERS:

Expelling gas is no longer considered an appropriate topic on this blog site. I am sure that there are other health blogs that would be interested... ergo, I am going to begin deleting them.

As you were.